logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Style include files

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Sep 5 17:22:57 BST 2012

On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 04:56:35PM +0200, aighes wrote:
>I think if include is used by developers, you wont need include
>sections, because they will split their style-files into several parts.
>Eg. one part for address search, one part for routing one part for
>highways another part for non routable lines and so on.

Right, that would be my intention. Split the default style and other
built-in styles into modules that the default style would include from
library files.

I think that a relative pathname would be enough, similar to how
#include works in the C preprocessor. The default include file path
would include the mkgmap library. The library fragments would remain
fairly stable. New stuff would be added to new files, not breaking
backward compatibility.

This might still be useful to combine with the base-style mechanism.

	Marko