logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Style: Loch Ness disappears

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Fri Aug 24 20:25:29 BST 2012

Hi,

the OSM forum reported that Loch Ness (way 4049566) is not displayed
using the default style. It is tagged as
name=Loch Ness
natural=water
tourism=attraction

The default style contains the matching rule
tourism=* & area!=no & waterway!=* [0x13 resolution 24]

The rule for natural=water is included from the waters style but it
seems to be ordered after the rules of the default style. I guess
included styles are processed last?

Two questions:

1. Should the default style be changed so that natural=water supersedes
the tourism tag? I think yes.

2. I remember that there have been discussions about inclusion of style.
 From my unexperienced view (I do not change styles very often) the
current inclusion seems to be not very useful. I would prefer to have a
kind of #include rule within the style file itself. Another idea would
be to have a base-style-pre and base-style-post in the info file.
base-style-pre would be included before the stlye whereas
base-style-post would be included after the style. The unuseable
location style is also an example that the current inclusion system
should be improved.
Is it possible to change the inclusion of styles so that it is more
self-explanatory and more useful?

WanMil