logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r2314: Ignore access=permissive|designated|official just like access=yes.

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Aug 16 16:36:24 BST 2012

Nope, you didn't understand what I meant.

True access=no or access=private (all cases where we currently set all
vehicles/foot to no) - shouldn't be routable at all!!! This way we make
sure, it also works with newer GPS devices and Basecamp the way it's
supposed to.

access=destination on the other hand, should be set like access=no
currently. Meaning routable but forbidden. The big problem, that
everyone should be aware of however is, that with new GPS firmwares,
Basecamp v 3.3 or higher, there is no difference in whether you set
access=no or motorcar=no - as only motorcar value is respected. However
it not only blocks cars, motorcycles and so on, but all means of
transport except foot/walking/hiking/...

Also mkgmap=carpool is handled exactly like motorcar=no now.

Unpaved and toll are still working correctly, however some means of
transport cannot block unpaved roads, while others you cannot allow it.
Ferry attribue is still working too, while we have no way of putting the
attributes for other things like gondolas correctly.

--
keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org