logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r2314: Ignore access=permissive|designated|official just like access=yes.

From Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com on Thu Aug 16 00:43:16 BST 2012

Felix Hartmann <extremecarver at gmail.com> writes:

> However I don't really no how we could properly handle access=private -
> knowing new Basecamp/GPS devices ignore all "no" settings except
> motorcar=no (which is actually the reason carpool seamingly works).

I think the really hard thing about access=private is that if you don't
have permission (most people, presumably) you can't use it, but if you
do you can, and there's no good way to tell the GPSr or any routing
program what you have permission for.  But, while it's probably true
that for any given way most people don't have permission, it's probably
also true that most people navigating to a point which has to use that
way do have permission, so it seems sensible to treat access=private as
access=destination.