logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r2314: Ignore access=permissive|designated|official just like access=yes.

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed Aug 15 21:27:59 BST 2012

well to be more correct, *=destination should be handled like no. No in
Garmin speak means, you can drive into it, but not cross it. That is
effectively destination. Garmin doesn't know a true "no" (this can only
be achieved by neither setting road_type and roadspeed).

Accordingly actually for roads with access=no without any other
arguments, road_type and road_speed should not be given.
Actually it could be included into the style file similar to the example
below (if the default behaviour is changed):

access=no & !((foot=* & foot!=no) | (bicycle=* & bicycle!=no &
bicycle!=private) | route!=* | ....) {set highway=nonroutable; set
access=destination}
(this line is needed to filter out the wrong access=no tags present in OSM.

However I don't really no how we could properly handle access=private -
knowing new Basecamp/GPS devices ignore all "no" settings except
motorcar=no (which is actually the reason carpool seamingly works).