logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] access=permissive question

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Thu Aug 9 18:38:10 BST 2012

----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----
Chris wrote:
> hw=footway + access=yes is free for everything.
>
> Of course you can do what you want in your style file.
> I know, that most mappers don't fully understand the OSM access
> system. ;-)
>
> Chris

I still don't agree with you.
In the potlatch editor, you see this screenshot when you are filling in the access rules.
There is nothing said about access for cars on footways, so I assume the general access rule is already based on the highway type (which can be slightly different in each country).

A mapper who fills in this edit form (highway=footway, general access permissive) is according to mkgmap opening this way for cars. (highway=footway, foot=yes, access=permissive, so access could not set to no)

So my opinion stays, in case of access=permissive, don't set this to yes but delete the access rule otherwise you are ruining the routing.