logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Re: Distributing TYP file sources with mkgmap

From Jaromír Mikeš mira.mikes at seznam.cz on Fri Jul 27 01:07:57 BST 2012

> Od: Marko Mäkelä <marko.makela at iki.fi>

Hi Marko,

> >Marko, is somewhere some kind of chart which shows symbols used by
> >mkgmap default style?

> Uh, isn't that the default style? In the mkgmap source code, it is in
> resources/styles/default/{points,lines,polygons}

Of course ;)

> I started splitting the default style into sub-styles, but did not
> complete the task yet. Currently there are a few sub-styles:

> contours_ft
> landuse
> waters

As I said before I am mainly interested in hiking do you thinking to make dedicated style fo that too?
Would be great.

Meanwhile I am working on TYP file ( which is also hiking oriented) I found few troubles for me:

POIS
tourism=attraction and tourism=viewpoint  ... both same symbol 2c04
Can get different?

tourism=alpine_hut  tourism=hostel ... both same symbol 2d02
Can get different?

tourism=campsite tourism=caravan_site ...both 2b03
Can get different?

tourism=basic_hut .... missing

man_made=cairn

LINES
natural=cliff missing

POLYGONS
natural=beach | natural=sand ... missing
natural=scree missing
landuse=meadow | natural=fell ... missing

wood=mixed
wood=deciduos | wood=deciduous
wood=coniferous

Would be also great to have possibility recognize vegetation.
Do you it is possible to add this to mkgmap styles?

One question about copyright field in TYP file ...
Few commented-out lines in top of typ.txt file is fine way how to do it?

best regards

mira