logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Wishlist: Better multipolygon error reporting

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri Jul 13 22:19:49 BST 2012

Hi WanMil,

>I think about a little change in the mp debugging. What do you think:
>You can set an environment variable (or a logging parameter? I don't
>know if that's possilbe). This variable contains a comma separated list
>of mps that should be traced, e.g. MP_TRACE=1239779,124484. For all mps
>listed in this variable all debug messages are printed out with a
>separate logger and log level INFO (or WARN or ERROR).
>
>This would make it possible to get detailed information about some mps
>without getting tons of logfiles.

This could work, sure. After the optimization work some months ago,
mkgmap does its job very quickly, and I would not mind an extra run in
cases like this.

By the way, OsmAndMapCreator gives slightly different MP errors. But, it
is about 100 times slower than mkgmap when converting Finland
(admittedly, using only 1 CPU core).

Best regards,

	Marko