logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search for Rostock doesn't work

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Fri Jul 13 16:04:45 BST 2012

On Fri, Jul 13, toc-rox wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> the address search for Rostock (germany) doesn't works for me.
> In BaseCamp I see the correct region "Rostock, Rostock, DEU", but no street
> can be found there.
> In my Garmin GPSr (Dakota-20) no city with the name Rostock exists -
> peculiar.
> I have build new bounds from scratch, based on the current europe extract
> from geofabrik.

I tested it and have the same problems, boundaries created from
the planet file on Tuesday, 3 days ago.
Rostock is admin_level=6, the multipolygon is correct, there are
no errors in the log file.

Sometimes I wished there would be a graphical tool showing the
different admin levels from the boundaries.

But to debug in this case is easy: Start MapSource or BaseCamp,
go to the Rostock area and look what the address of some POIs or
so is.
And there is the problem: The name of the city is "Ortsamt Mitte",
admin_level 7, which is higher in our locator rules then admin_level 6.

Don't know what the correct solution would be :(
The special rules list for single cities grows and grows for me.

  Thorsten