logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Province names

From Nils Leandersson nils.leandersson at googlemail.com on Mon Jun 25 15:03:05 BST 2012

I got it to work. I added the name tag list option to my mkgmap call (--location-autofill=bounds --name-tag-list=int_name,name:en,name) in addition to the name tag list in the style sheet options file.

Theory: It appears that the name tag list in the options style sheet has no influence on the POI's addresses calculated from preprocessed boundaries.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Nils Leandersson
  To: Development list for mkgmap
  Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 5:59 PM
  Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Province names

  Thanks.

  I am referring to the province name added to all POI's address information so neither 1 or 2.

  Hopefully this screen shot from my Zumo explains it better:

  This is the listing I get when browsing cities. The three first ones are okay because they are located within provinces that have English names in the 'name' tag in the relation outlining the province. The last, Bangkok (city), is within Bangkok province. The relation for Bangkok province is properly tagged with "กรุงเทพมหานคร" in it's 'name' tag and "Bangkok" in it's 'name:en' tag. As you can see, the 'name:en' is not used but rather Thai script "Latinized".

  Bangkok's relation: http://ra.osmsurround.org/analyzeRelation?relationId=92277&_noCache=on#

  Samut Sakhon's relation: http://ra.osmsurround.org/analyzeRelation?relationId=1908816&_noCache=on#