logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address index changes in dev-index branch

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Jun 13 11:18:40 BST 2012

Hi

Thanks for uploading them.

> http://openmtbmap.org/gmapsupp_mapsource.img

I think this one may have failed to upload fully, it hasn't got any
larger in the last hour or so.

> http://openmtbmap.org/GMAPSUPP_diff_sort.IMG

The GMAPSUPP_diff_sort.IMG I downloaded is 246284288 bytes and looks
complete.

However it does not contain an index at all, so that is why it is
broken.

If I extract the .img files and recombine I do get an index.
What is your command line you used to creat it?

> Oh and there is a second change - I forgot mentioning in the earlier
> mails. the address branch doesn't add .tmp to broken mdr and mdx files,
> I hope this is changed back before merging and only for testing, as the
> .tmp ending is really practical and needed for automatic checking if the
> mkmgap output went through without major errors.

There is nothing I think of that would cause this, there is certainly
no deliberate change. Perhaps this is related to the other problem?

..Steve