logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Subdivision width is 36627 at 3230916/1236133

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sun Apr 22 21:39:28 BST 2012

Hi WanMil,

>AFAIK 3230916/1236133 is only the center point of the problematic
>polygon. I thought that my commit r2028 has fixed problems where a
>single polygon is too big to fit into a subdivision. This is done by
>the class PolygonSubdivSizeSplitterFilter.

Could the diagnostics be extended to show more details of the polygon,
such as the WGS84 coordinates of some nodes (or the OSM id or tags, if
they are available)? I am happy to apply such a patch and rerun, and
narrow down the input if it is of any help. Currently, I am using mkgmap
r2272.

>The MapSplitter/MapArea class should be a good starting point to track
>down the problem.

I hope you or Gerd can figure this out. Sorry, my day job keeps me so
busy that I do not have any spare brain power for coding or debugging at
the moment.

Best regards,

	Marko