logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Small holes in boundary coverage

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Tue Mar 27 21:46:41 BST 2012

Hi Gerd,

your conclusion sound very reasonable. The number of holes has been
reduced quite a lot after your last patch and if your example a) b) and
c) are not equal all the time there is no chance to avoid such holes
completely.

Just a quick idea: Would it improve (and reduce the number of holes) if
the intermediate bounds format which is written first uses double
instead of float precision? I think it doesn't really matter if the
intermediate format uses more space on disk?!

I will try to create updated bounds files during the weekend and then we
can start a one week test phase with more users before merging back to
trunk.

WanMil