logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Small holes in boundary coverage

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Thu Mar 15 20:11:02 GMT 2012

Hi,

I have compiled world bounds using the performance branch. They can be
downloaded from http://www.navmaps.eu/wanmil/bounds_perf_20120313.zip.

I have checked the coverage of different admin_levels with the
BoundaryCoverageUtil. The result for admin_level=2  can be downloaded
from http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/detail/61.

Some countries are missing (USA, Canada, some african countries). I
assume that their boundaries were/are corrupt.

The more interesting thing is that there are small holes throughout the
world in admin_level=2. They seem to be created by the bounds
preparation and should not be there. Gerd, can you please have a look on it?

Thanks!
WanMil