logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] 2 Gb size limit gmapsupp?

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Thu Mar 8 17:42:47 GMT 2012

I have noticed that Basecamp and some (not all) GPS devices fails to read gmapsupp.img's > 2Gb size generated by mkgmap.
Is this a known issue?

One example you can download at:
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5LoKTN293hkb3FBVmg1OGFROWVjNHZJQU5XMDdGQQ&redirect=false#

I tested it with other files and everytime above or around the 2 Gb size the gmapsupp.img seemed corrupt (you will notice a red progress bar instead of a green one when opening the image in Basecamp). On a Dakota I can browse the map without problems, other users reported the map is visible in the menu but not visible on the map screen (Oregon, Gmap62).

If I generate the gmapsupp.img with Mapsource everything works as expected.