logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] gpx track files do not work on routable maps

From Eric Fernandez zeb at zebulon.org.uk on Mon Mar 5 11:06:36 GMT 2012

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your detailed anser.

2012/3/4 Steve Ratcliffe <steve at parabola.me.uk>:

> That is very strange, does anyone else see that on any other device?

To help track down the issue, I am uploading a map of oxfordshire
created today at http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/. The gmapsupp.img was
generated using: java -jar mkgmap-r2235/mkgmap.jar --route
--remove-short-arcs --gmapsupp oxfordshire.osm.pbf. I also upload two
GPX track files for testing, one is very short but leads to having
Begin and End at the same place, the other one is a GPX track
downloaded from http://www.bikemap.net/route/609987 (Saturday evening
sprint).
Can you please let me know if they do route correctly on your device?

> Actual routing is done by the device, so is entirely out of our
> control.

I reckon that, but the thing is, routing with these GPX files works
properly (with the two GPX files I uploaded) with the City Navigator
map from Garmin, and despite all routes (such as Cycleways) are not
displayed! This suggests the routing build routine must be missing
something?

Eric