logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Holes in the Sea

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Thu Mar 1 12:22:25 GMT 2012

I have used osmconvert to merge a part of the N-African coast with the European coast:
osmconvert coastlines_europe-latest.osm.pbf coastlineafrica.osm -o=coastlines_europe.osm.pbf

As far of the islands, it's better to merge them with the osm extract instead of the coastline-file,
because place=sea & name=atlantic ocean (or name=Méditerranée) isnt't rendered otherwise.

RheinSkipper:
This sounds easier than it is. I created an island with josm. But I cannot
merge it using osmosis. The XML formats are not compatible:
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/2620