logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] gpx track files do not work on routable maps

From Eric Fernandez zeb at zebulon.org.uk on Wed Feb 29 12:04:09 GMT 2012

Hi,

I have an issue with OSM maps converted using --route and GPX track
files, on an Edge 705. When reloading a "Saved Ride" (a GPX track
file) on the GPS, the Begin and End points are superimposed (at the
location of the End point on the map). I tried with many GPX files,
some created on GPsies, some on Bikehike, using various routes (some
with cycle ways, some others with only main roads) with the same
result. This does not occur with the stock Garmin City Navigator NT
maps, or with OSM maps compiled without the --route option (I guess
this is normal, it does not do a proper routing in that case).

The strange thing is that the routing "on the fly" (using "Where to?"
of the GPS unit) works well and uses cycleways as legitimate routes.
But using a saved GPX track file fails.

This happens with maps compiled using "java -jar
mkgmap-r2226/mkgmap.jar --route --gmapsupp -c template.args", no other
options are used. Is it a problem with the routing building? Or am I
doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Eric