logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Holes in the Sea

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Feb 27 08:40:27 GMT 2012

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 07:17:39PM +0100, RheinSkipper wrote:
>The empty tile south of Monaco is attached here. I converted it to XML
>and there are 28 occurrences of natural=coastline in it.

How did you convert it to XML? In my conversion, there is no
natural=coastline left. Can you upload the converted XML?

I used this command to convert:

osmosis --rb 63240790.osm.pbf --wx 63240790.osm

For the record, JOSM refused to load the file until I replaced
version="-1" with version="1" and changeset="-1" with changeset="1".

If the tile does not have any closed natural=coastline way, then mkgmap
is "allowed" to make the tile land-only. Maybe splitter could be
"wisened" to draw a natural=coastline rectangle around the otherwise
coastline-free tile?

	Marko