logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Serious Bug - Mkgmap creating map that puts news GPS (confirmed etrex 30, Oregon 550) into bootloop

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Fri Feb 24 10:47:32 GMT 2012

No I used neither.
and my generate-sea parameters are:
--generate-sea=extend-sea-sectors,close-gaps=6000,floodblocker,fbgap=50,fbthres=50,fbratio=0.5

I don't mind that much when sea is empty. Sea has not much real use
anyhow except looking nice.
As for the tiles being too small - yeah it's right. But I still think it
has something to do with it. I now rerun France with max-nodes twice as
high - to see if problems are gone then (I would assume so)...
I'm still very positive that is has something to do with the POI index
being empty or nonexistent in those tiles.

The thing is, if you split the map in two halves - and send them in
separate gmapsupp.img files, but at the same time, then there is no
crash. So it seems at some point the GPS devices crash down after X
errors, but the errors are counted per gmapsupp or mapset (I could try
what happens if I merge the two gmapsupp.img into 1 gmapsupp.img but
with then of course different FID.