logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Idea for minor speed improvement for boundary preprocessing

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Thu Feb 23 20:38:47 GMT 2012

Hi Gerd,

boundary preprocessing takes quite a lot of time. That's not a big
problem because it's performed only by some people who publish their
results.

But I think some speed improvements would not be bad anyhow?!

While preprocessing asia and america I go an idea. The area of a
boundary is splitted into the raster. But each time the complete area is
intersected to the raster. In case an area is big and/or complex
(boundary of russia, USA, canada etc.) this takes a long time. It would
be possible first to cut the area into smaller pieces (columns or rows
of the raster) and then do the final cut to the raster. Maybe this saves
time because the column or row areas should be less complex.

What do you think?

WanMil