logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Precompiled coastlines

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Feb 23 12:43:35 GMT 2012

Hi,

some weeks ago WanMil wrote

> All in all: Please keep the format of the bnd files as simple as
> possible and think about using it for other purposes. e.g. the current
> format could easily be used for coastline processing - one can
> precompile the coastlines and mgkmap could load the sea areas from the
> precompiled sea file. This would be great to have (a big!! performance
> and quality improvement). But someone needs to implement that.

I looked at the sources now and see two ways how to do that:
1) We can write the result of SeaGenerator.joinWays() or
2) We can write the result of SeaGenerator.end()

pro 1): this will produce files that are usable for all, no matter what
optionsthe user wants to use in
generate-sea parm, so it can be downloaded like the precompiled boundaries.
pro 2): this should reduce the CPU time even more, but every user has to
create his own file(s)

Any ideas what will be better?