logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] edge 705 stuck with cities index

From Eric Fernandez zeb at zebulon.org.uk on Thu Feb 23 07:53:09 GMT 2012

2012/2/22 aighes <osm at aighes.de>:
> Hi,
> there isn't an error in mkgmap. Your problem is, that thee are 2
> osm-objects for one object in reality.
>
> You could handle this error different. Eg.:
> * fix osm-data in osm-db
> * fix your osm-extract on your pc
> * change your points-style-file
>
> The best would be to fix the error in osm-db.
>
> --add-pois-to-area does what it should do. Create for each area a node.
> There shouldn't be any tests in the code. such tests you can implement
> in your style-file.
>
> Henning

Thanks Henning for the information.
You say there shouldn't be any test in the code, but we have some
already: --report-undefined-nodes or --remove-short-arcs. Logging
level provides messages which are useful, and this issue might be
worth logging.

Cheers,
Eric