logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] feature-request - variable copyright information

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Wed Feb 22 18:23:20 GMT 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, aighes wrote:

> Am 22.02.2012 18:35, schrieb Thorsten Kukuk:

> >> I would like to have this both lines in the copyright-text, shown in
> >> MapSource.
> >>
> >> /Map created with mkgmap-r2220
> >> //Program released under the GPL
> > echo "(c) OpenStreetMap and contributors (www.openstreetmap.org). Map data licenced under Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/). Map created with mkgmap-r2220 and data from 2012-02-22
> > ">  license.txt
> >
> > mkgmap --license-file=license.txt
> Of course it would, but I have to add mkgmap-version manually.  It wont
> be a big thing, but it would be easier if mkgmap would do it, as they
> would like to have it written.

Beside that mkgmap itself reports as version always only "svn",
I don't think that it is a good idea to have this splitted, into
a hardcoded part and a variable one. Would make it very hard
to adjust the text for your map if you need to do so.
And redirecting the output of "mkgmap --version" to a file is
a really simple task.

  Thorsten