logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] edge 705 stuck with cities index

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Wed Feb 22 13:32:25 GMT 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, Eric Fernandez wrote:

> I understand your point, but the problem here is having unnamed cities
> created from polygons, which are duplicates of real city/villages. The
> best way to handle this would be to correct mkgmap to avoid getting
> these blank duplicates into the map. The intent is not to remove
> information.

That the name is blank is a bug in your (or the default) style:
the polygons all have a name tag: "place_name".
That's the tag used for a period of time for places in OSM,
and we should use that if no name tag is there.
The best solution is really to use the option I wrote already here
in the thread.

The bigger problem is, that the tags for the place node and the
place polygon from your examples are even conflicting :(

On of the both (polygon or node) needs to be deleted and the
other one should be corrected. But since I don't know the area,
I cannot say which of the two is the correct one and fix it.

  Thorsten