logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] edge 705 stuck with cities index

From Eric Fernandez zeb at zebulon.org.uk on Mon Feb 20 13:47:46 GMT 2012

Hi,

Following my recent report of my Edge 705 being temporarily frozen
when scrolling nearest cities, I think I have narrowed down where this
comes from. The problem occurs when I combine both --add-pois-to-areas
and --index options.

Firstly, the blank city lines are caused by --add-pois-to-areas. They
do appear only when this option is set, so there may be a bug there.
However, the freeze of the GPS device only occurs when --index is also
used. Without --index, the blank lines are there but there is no slow
down when scrolling in the cities list.

Conversely, if I use --index without --add-pois-to-areas, then there
are no blank lines, and there is no slow down at all.

This happens with the Oxfordshire Geofabrik map, tested in South Oxford.

Please let me know if and how I can be of more help.

Kind regards,
Eric