logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Different POI with same name

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Tue Feb 14 20:47:38 GMT 2012

Hi,

I don't know if this was already a topic or a known issue, I haven't
found anything about this.

There were some reports that citys of the Netherland like Amsterdam or
Apeldoorn are not findable via city search, but by address search.

I found out that this is always the case if there are two or more
POIs with the same name in one city. Amsterdam has two POIs with
the same name: the city (place=city) and a hotel (tourism=hotel).
Apeldoorn had even three POIs. Needless to say, that you can find
with the City Navigator Europe V8 (yes, already quite some years old)
all POIs.

Is this a known limitation or a bug?

  Thorsten