logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems with generate-sea

From aighes osm at aighes.de on Tue Feb 14 18:17:23 GMT 2012

Am 14.02.2012 19:11, schrieb Thorsten Kukuk:
> On Tue, Feb 14, aighes wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> to avoid these holes, you should use --no-trim if you split your
>> europe-file with splitter.jar.
> > From my own experience: you should not use --no-trim for sea tiles.
> Reason: since there are only very few nodes in the sea, the tiles
> can become very big and mkgmap will fail to generate a img from it.
Maybe it  could happen, if there is very much sea in a tile. This is my
largest sea-tile: 2772992,-1259520 to 3336192,71680 (Garmin-units) and
it works without problems. Maybe it depends on memory.

So there are two solutions: generate it with --no-trim and manually
tweak in area.list some tiles or tweak many sea-tiles with holes. I
would prefer the first one ;-)

Henning