logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] BaseCamp 3.3 and Routing

From toc-rox easyclasspage at googlemail.com on Sun Feb 12 09:29:01 GMT 2012

Garmin explains the new routing features as follows:

We added more activity profiles, in preparation for maps that will support
routing based on activity (mountain-bikers might want different routes that
road bikers).

You will now be able to add custom profiles, and you can hide profiles you
are not interested in.
You can now adjust which map features you want to display for each profile.
Future map products will also draw the map differently, depending which
activity you have selected (e.g. we would draw highways less prominent if
the activity is mountain-biking).
We made some routing changes under the hood to support activity routing. The
road selection slider is gone, to make up for it we added more specific
avoidances. This is also the way the devices are going. We are working with
the device teams trying to make sure route settings match and routes are as
similar as possible between BaseCamp and the device. This is an ongoing
effort.

Source: https://forums.garmin.com/showpost.php?p=122139&postcount=3