logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] sea rendering, geonames

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Mon Jan 30 09:37:13 GMT 2012

Hi List,

I have some questions related to the splitting and rendering of
bigger areas of the sea. For instance when there is no land or coastline at this
tile 97800427 (1) on my map it is rendered as 'land'

Maybe because I use the floodblocker in my generate-sea:
extend-sea-sectors,close-gaps=6000,floodblocker,land-tag=natural=background

Do I actually need to use the floodblocker parameter if I also use coastlinefile=coastlines_europe-latest.osm.pbf ?
Or can I use some extra options for the floodblocker so that it recognize those empty areas?

Another issue is that the splitter generates a comment mark # in the description field if it doesn't find a city from the geonames-file

mapname: 97800427
input-file: 97800427.osm.pbf

This will lead to a description of the previous tile, which isn't quite in the same area.
Suggestion for improvement is not to add a # sign, better leave it "OSM Map" in the sea (or
sparsely populated areas without towns) than for instance "London"
Or is there a trick for this (I only know search "# description" and replace for "description")

(1) http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3153/seaq.jpg