logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap r2179: Still NullPointerException in BoundaryUtil

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Thu Jan 26 13:15:56 GMT 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, Gerd Petermann wrote:

> Hi Thorsten,
>
> please try the attached patch. It is not elegant, but I think it will solve the problem.
> As mentioned before, the problem is caused by rounding errors, so I've coded a check
> that detects when this situation happens. Area parts that cause this error are removed.

Ok, I could build the boundaries for the whole planet file without
problems now. Seems to work :)

I looked at some "undecided_inner_outer" removals: looks like the
boundaries in the US are a real mess, the errors where correct.
I looked at some "too_small" errors but couldn't find out what's
going on there.

> If you like, you can unncomment the lines around GpxCreator to write the deleted parts
> to files.

Maybe I didn't uncomment all lines I need, but I cannot find any
other/new files with this data.

  Thorsten