logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Addresss index on GPSMAP 60CSx

From Kent Friis dsl646360 at mail.telenor.dk on Sat Jan 21 14:50:52 GMT 2012

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 14:16:12 +0000
Steve Ratcliffe <steve at parabola.me.uk> wrote:
> > java -Xmx1500m -enableassertions -jar "$MKGMAP"
> > --location-autofill=bounds --rou te --link-pois-to-ways
> > --coastlinefile=coastlines_europe.osm.pbf --generate-sea=
> > multipolygon
> > --latin1 --remove-short-arcs --output-dir=tmp -c tmp/template.args
> >
> > java -Xmx1500m -enableassertions -jar "$MKGMAP" --index --gmapsupp
> > tmp/*.img
>
> The index must be built with the same code page as is used for the
> tiles. In this case --latin1

Adding --latin1 to the second mkgmap line gave me four streets to
choose from:

"Vlyvej"
"Ergvej"
"Trasse (172,173) Hha"
"Irene Rosenberg"

The first two looks like the end of Danish street names, e.g.
"Skovlyvej", "Ellebjergvej" (or other roads ending with the same
letters). The third looks like the end of a German road name (something
ending in "Strasse". The last one looks like the name of a person,
could be a road named after a person, but they usually have something
tagged on the end (-vej, -strasse, -road).

Just noticed, picking the "Licensed Under" region, gave me two new
streets to search for:

"Vej"
"En"

Looks to me like it's grabbing "random" parts of words from the index.

/Kent