logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] gmapsupp + index and Berlin/Friedrichstr.

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Jan 18 22:53:31 GMT 2012

Hi

In case anyone didn't notice, the patch was commited, so street search
should work fairly well in gmapsupp indexes now.

> The next major improvements would be an option to specify the family-id

It looks like you need a separate index for each family in the
gmapsupp.img. So, while not a small change, that should be easy enough
to do.

> for which to build the index, and to make house number search work.

This could be possible with a team effort.

First we need to be able to associate house numbers from OSM with
the nodes in the road. This has to be done for each side of
the street.

Its quite possible that there is code somewhere that does this.

..Steve