logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v4] LocationHook with new Quadtree

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Mon Jan 16 21:34:22 GMT 2012

Hi Gerd,

I think there are some steps left for the optimization. Therefore I have
created a new branch (performance) for all kind of performance
improvements (starting with your LocationHook optimizations). It's
easier for other people to test.
The branch can be merge back to the trunk if it reaches stability.

One new idea:
I think your idea to use the first point of a way to get it's location
information is better than the old behaviour of the LocationHook because
that was not forseeable. Now we have an easy rule: First point (or if
that has no location information the next point which has such information).
What do you think about using the mid point instead of the first point.
The mid point (points.size()/2) would avoid problems with streets that
have one point just before the city border. Using the mid point would
give a higher probability that most (or all) of the street lies in the
same boundaries like the mid point.

WanMil