logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Configurable region/city mapping in address search?

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Jan 14 20:41:59 GMT 2012

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 06:20:35PM +0100, michael lohr wrote:
>not sure if this the answer you're looking for but:
>
>mkgmap:country=IND & mkgmap:region!=* & mkgmap:admin_level4=* { set
>mkgmap:region='${mkgmap:admin_level4}' }
>
>will give you the states as region (like rajasthan), whereas
>
>mkgmap:country=IND & mkgmap:region!=* & mkgmap:admin_level5=* { set
>mkgmap:region='${mkgmap:admin_level6}' }
>
>gives you districts (like udaipur) as region

That could be it, thanks!

I am not sure if the above only applies to boundary=administrative
relations. For location-autofill=nearest (using place=* nodes only), I
am guessing that region is hard-wired to the country. That is OK too,
since the place=* is sort-of obsoleted by the boundary relations.

	Marko