logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] gmapsupp + index and Berlin/Friedrichstr.

From Martin Simon grenzdebil at gmail.com on Thu Jan 12 14:30:57 GMT 2012

2012/1/11 Steve Ratcliffe <steve at parabola.me.uk>:
>> OK, I now also tried to modify the command line, feeding mkgmap
>> individual tiles, plus the overview-map.img of each layer, too.
>> Now all layers are present in the gmapsupp.img, but I lost all layer
>> names, .TYP files and the search index.
>
> You should include just the individual tiles and the typ files, but not the
> overview files or the mdx,mdr files.
>
> The --index option will create the index.

That doesn't work - no index seems to be created, the search function
on the device doesn't work.

Are you sure that mkgmap builds the index when the input files are
.img? I tried again with fewer tile, and other options, but nothing
seems to have an effect.

-Martin