logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Suomi/Finland --index problem

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Jan 11 21:27:14 GMT 2012

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 12:38:21PM +0200, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
>Or would it fail to convert some is_in=Finland keys or the
>--country-name option to Suomi?

It seems that --country-name=Finland will not get translated into Suomi
(the primary name of the country in the location configuration file).

If I compile with --country-name=Suomi and combine the map tiles of a
single family-id to --index --gmapsupp, it works: I get "Suomi" and
"Russian Federation" (a few place=village nodes from Russia are
included).

If I try to combine multiple family-id to --index --gmapsupp, then the
search will break: I get countries "Suomi" and "Aara" (no idea what that
is) and no streets in either country. My other layers would be
unrouteable (route relations, generated with various --style=routes-*).

Best regards,

	Marko