logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] gmapsupp + index and Berlin/Friedrichstr.

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun Jan 8 23:08:24 GMT 2012

Hi

> today I updated and rebuild my maps with mkgmap r2164.
> Adress search works without going through MapSource, but the
> problem with Friedrichstr. in Berlin is even worse: Now only
> one incarnation of the street is found in Berlin, even in
> MapSource.

In mapsource too? I am going to need to see an example. In my map I see
the same number of Friedrichstrasse streets in either version. The
mapsource index changed very little between the versions.

As far as I know the only differences are in:

  - cities and how they are allocated to regions.
  - streets with highway shields may now be marked as having the same
name if they differ only in the shield.

..Steve