logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r2162: If the global address index option is given alongside the --gmapsupp

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun Jan 8 20:52:13 GMT 2012

Hi

> Steve, do I understand it correctly that if I want to create a gmapsupp
> and also a tdb then I better run Mkgmap twice? Once with --gmappsupp and
> once with --tdb?

It is only a matter of the amount of memory you have available. If you
have enough to build both at once, then you could just run it once.

I think it would be possible to modify the code so that the memory use
is mostly shared between the different indexes. I'm not planning to work
on such a thing in the immediate future, but perhaps someone else will.
If that happens then compiling both at once might be reasonable.

..Steve