logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bug in LocationHook?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Jan 8 06:31:58 GMT 2012

Hello WanMil,

Currently we are placing the elements into the quadtree and iterate over the boundaries, actually we place each point of a way into the quadtree.
Did you ever consider to do the search the other way around?
I mean, put the boundaries into something like a simple grid or quadtree or r-tree and iterate over the elements to search a boundary?
I did not do a deep analysis of the complexity of both strategies, but I have the feeling that the latter could be much faster.

ciao,
Gerd