logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing issue with split road

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Jan 7 18:03:36 GMT 2012

On Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 09:13:25AM -0500, Francisco Moraes wrote:
>But why do I need the turn restriction here? I haven't seen this type
>of routing problem in other roads that have a similar layout where the
>split/divided ways merge into one. I thought there would be some
>discontinuity somewhere but I didn't see if the OSM data to explain why
>the routing was broken.

Right, that's why I asked where you were heading to and what the routing
suggestion looked like. Was the Garmin unit configured to
auto-recalculate, and was there some bad coverage (tunnels) that caused
it to "jump" somewhere else and back? Or could there be some error in
the map data elsewhere, such as disconnected ways or oneway arrows going
head-to-head or back-to-back?

Can you download the region around your route and compile it with mkgmap
with logging enabled? Does it complain anything relevant?

I do not travel by car that often. A year or two ago I remember a
similar situation where a split way was merged. There was some error in
the map data at that point, but I cannot remember what it was and cannot
deduce it from the history of the ways. FWIW, it probably was node
27536320 at lat=60.4558175, lon=24.8496977, and I was heading west.

	Marko