logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r2162: If the global address index option is given alongside the --gmapsupp

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Jan 7 12:56:59 GMT 2012

On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 07:42:53PM +0100, WanMil wrote:
>Thanks for merging the branch. Now mkgmap fully supports address
>search.
>Isn't that worthy to post that as news in the osm wiki:
>http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:News ?

Yep, great work! Now I will have to apply some pressure to the Finnish
community. Our government finally came to its senses and will release
almost all map data by May 2012. Now it is only a matter of transferring
the boundary data.

I do have questions that might be good to answer in the announcement:
Where do the country names and city names come from? With
--location-autofill=nearest, is it always from the nearest place=* node?
Which tags will have to be present in that case? What will other
--location-autofill options do if the boundary data is incomplete or
broken?

Best regards,

	Marko