logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Loading a relation of numerous unconnected sections to my GPSr

From SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk on Fri Jan 6 21:47:52 GMT 2012

Bob Hawkins wrote:
> I wonder if anyone can suggest a method that would get such a relation
> into internal memory on my Legend?

This might not be exactly what you want, but you can append a relation
name (or something else) to a way name by following the instructions here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/help/style_rules#apply

The example's written for bus routes, but it works for me after a minor
tweak for hiking route names too.

In "relations" I have:
#
type=route &
(route=foot|route=hiking|'route=foot;bicycle;horse'|'route=bicycle;horse;foot'|route=multiaccess|route='foot;horse'|route=bicycle)
{
     add ref='${name}'; # if ref is missing, use name
     apply_once {
         set route_ref='$(route_ref),${ref}' | '${ref}';
     set route=hiking;
     }
}
#

(you might want a shorter list of route types I suspect0

And in "lines":
#
route=hiking {name '${name} (${route_ref})'}
#