logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Missing foot of T-shaped way

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri Jan 6 16:45:51 GMT 2012

Hi Steve,

On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 11:31:55AM +0200, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
>>Do you have the osm file that produces the broken tile to download
>>anywhere? It would be good to try and find out why it fails, we do try
>>to give messages when something is not going to work if we know what
>>it is.
>
>Can I upload it to your server somehow? The 63240002.osm.pbf is
>21,015,229 bytes.

The error is repeatable with today's extract as well. I am using the
following tools:

splitter r199
mkgmap r2160
http://www.polkupyoraily.net/osm/files/osm2img.sh
http://www.polkupyoraily.net/osm/files/areas.list
[and the logging.ignore and logging.properties]
QLandkarte GT 0.18.5

Sorry, I just looked at my Garmin Edge 705 map that I had updated from
yesterday. I see both the "foot of the T" and this highway=service
there, and the "foot of T" is routable. For some reason, QLandkarte GT
0.18.5 is missing both ways. Sorry for the noise, I guess that's what
you get from using obsolete software.

But, here is a possible real bug. There is a warning for a roundabout
that goes away when the roundabout is drawn with fewer points. (I tried
it in live data, and the "owner" of the roundabout came after me. There
was no warning while it was the low-resolution version.)

Roundabout segment 125418517 direction looks wrong (see
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=60.20986&mlon=25.07535&zoom=17)

Last time I looked at that position, the roundabout looked fine (well,
jagged lines). I do not remember if I tested routing.

Best regards,

	Marko