logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Preprocessor for style files

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Wed Jan 4 15:45:51 GMT 2012

On Wed, Jan 04, toc-rox wrote:

> My style file are becoming more and more complex.
> IMHO a (simple) preprocessor would be very helpful.

At least on UNIX, there a preprocessor which would solve
this problems: cpp

But I don't know if there is something similar for windows.

> Questions:
> - What do think of this proposal ?

I would like to see the "include" statement, but not as preporocessor.
Wanted to implemented it already, but didn't found the time to learn
enough java and understand the mkgmap code.

> - Does anyone already uses an external preprocessor for the style files ?

I use a script which uses some standard UNIX commands to workaround
the missing "include" statement.

  Thorsten