logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] VIllages not findable

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Wed Jan 4 09:28:14 GMT 2012

Thanks for committing Marko,
place=* nodes are commonly used, about polygon place=* I can only speak for the situation
in the Netherlands that it is not recommended to render them (a lot of faulty AND-import
data like place=city tags on villages or boundary=town on hamlets have been removed or retagged recently).

Marko wrote:
Should the polygon rules be revisited? We only map place=village,
place=island, and place=islet there. Or would there already be place=*
nodes for most places, placed near the logical center of the area?