logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Why are stiles and gates marked as "Pillar" on my Garmin?

From David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net on Sun Dec 18 13:16:35 GMT 2011

The title says it all. I noticed the word appearing on my Garmin before,
when out walking along paths added by somebody else and thinking that it
was a little curious. Now, I find that stiles that I have set nodes to
along footpaths that I have added, are also called pillars on my Garmin.
So are some gates that I added to paths, although other gates don't
appear at all.

Can something be done to fix this? Is it associated with mkgmap or the
service that Lambertus kindly provides?

Now that the problem with the missing roads appears to be fixed (I've
not driven down there yet, but on Friday I drove past the end of the
road that was previously missing and the eTrex was correctly directing
me down that road to Bath) thanks to whoever helped sort it out, any
chance of addressing this error?

Dave