logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] gmapsupp visible in Basecamp

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Sat Dec 3 11:36:56 GMT 2011

Looks like it is working, but with one issue:

If I first run mkgmap to make a Mapsource version with working index,
and then a second run with --gmapsupp and --index on the already created img tiles, I get no working address index in the gmapsupp. If I add the gmapsupp line in the first run, it works ok (but then I dont have a working Mapsource index).

So it seems now I need to compile those img tiles twice to get both indexes working and I dont think this is intended.

If I compare those gmaps with gmaptool I notice a difference in s-f header, I dont know if this is an indication?

gmapsupp(2135-1).img (created in first run)
Map              length s-f
 MAKEGMAP IDX    667220  2  address search working

gmapsupp(2135-2).img (created in a second run)

Map              length s-f
 MAKEGMAP IDX    668576  1   address search not working

gmapsupp(2130).img
Map              length s-f
 MAKEGMAP IDX    666437  2   address search working

gmapsupp(MS) (created by Mapsource)

Map              length s-f
00030010 IDX    666527  2    address search working

Files can be downloaded at http://mijndev.openstreetmap.nl/~ligfietser/mkgmap/