logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] gmapsupp visible in Basecamp

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Thu Dec 1 21:15:15 GMT 2011

On 29/11/11 10:14, Minko wrote:
> A few more observations:
> -The test map (mkgmap-gmap-mdr-r2130.jar) cannot use the address search in Mapsource, it crashes: TDB_regiondir.cpp-165-6.16.3.0 error
> -When sending the map with Mapsource or Mapinstaller to the GPS there is no search index created, so address search fails

Right, you either get the osmmap_mdr.img index for mapsource or the
one inside the gmapsupp.img, not both.

It would be possible to do both, but it is unlikely to save time
compared to doing a separate run, and is likely to require twice as
much memory.

> -In Mapsource tile #58 is virtually split in two with the map selection tool at some zoomlevels, this effect is only cosmetic.
> -If I browse the gmapsupp.img in Basecamp this virtual line is visible as a blue line
>
> I've uploaded a Mapsource installer of my test map here http://mijndev.openstreetmap.nl/~ligfietser/mkgmap/

Thanks, I've downloaded it and I will take a look at it sometime.

..Steve