logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Structure of OSM data

From Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com on Tue Nov 29 17:45:44 GMT 2011

first yes, osm files may contain multiple versions. The latest version will completely override any earlier version. Data may not be combined in any way. Normally later versions are also later in the file. Not sure if this is really defined as a hard rule or just a convention because later versions come in later in time

But it doesn't really make too much sense feeding a history osm file into splitter. the purpose of splitter isn't for general use and as far as I remember strips timestamps and version information. So this will clearly make it useless for any history data.